Introduction to Biostatistics
This lab will teach you to:
- log in to the Lab computers
- start S-PLUS
- load a data set from the course Web page into S-PLUS
- open a Commands Window in S-PLUS and execute a few easy commands
- Load the data set
HARVEST Trial Data into S-PLUS.
This data set consists of 30 variables and 1100 subjects
and is described on page 8 of your textbook.
The variables are described in the Appendix on and 456 in your textbook.
- Open a Commands Window (if it is not already open)
by clicking on the button with the ">x" symbol.
in the Commands Window
to be able to refer to variables in the data set by name.
- Take the mean of the diastolic blood pressures at baseline in the data set.
- You instructor may choose to demonstrate other capabilities of S-PLUS.
Further S-PLUS help is available in this
Last modified: January 4, 2001